Six Steps to UX Design Success
UX design ensures the user’s experience is satisfying and easy at every touchpoint. UX is everything you need in order for a good design result. Here are 6 Steps to ensuring you get the right design for your business:
Define your USER? What are their values, demographics? What are their problems?
Define your Brand– What is your mission, What are your values. Are you solving your user/clients problem?
Ask – Then, do your products and services solve your clients’ problems? And, does your brand align with your client values?
Research your clients to test your assumptions
- 1:1 Interviews with clients, potential clients. What are their problems? What are they looking for? Set a task for your users and watch what they do. How do they interact with your interface.
- Focus Groups. Gather 3-4 users in a discussion to discuss frustrations and issues when using your brand, or another similar product or service.
- Surveys. Using a variety of tools, you can determine your client’s attitudes and emotions when using your brand.
- User Testing. Observing your product or service in operation with the client or user in person. And or, using online tools to see what customers look for and how they use your website.
Create user profiles based on your user research and ask what design best services this person’s needs? Some information you could collect for your customer would be their:
- Spending habits
- Pain points
What experience is your client having, what experience to you want your client to have? Design a Journey Map for your customer, from start to finish. This map brings focus to how you address the clients problem (which is also your problem) and helps you see clearly how to deliver a smooth transactional process. It will also highlight opportunities you can expand on down the track.
Design or tweak your brand to better match your client’s values and address their problems
Integrate that Branding across your entire business
- Design a low-fidelity wireframe of digital interface, design, redesign, scrap them, and design it all again to get the best fit for your brand and customer
- Design the high-fidelity wireframe of the digital Interface and user & beta test it with the users and your staff. Make any adjustments if necessary.
- If you have a physical place of work, even if customers do not go there, then consider designing that space too. This puts your brand values at the forefront of your employee’s mind.
- In your communications at every touchpoint with your customer, in online and print form.
- How did the project go?
- Did we address the customer’s problems?
- Where can we improve the product/service?
- Can we do better next time?
Keep Focused on your Customers' Needs
When your customers’ needs are addressed business becomes easy. You will start each working day knowing what you have to do and what decisions to make.